When you are planning a fun summer gathering, you’d much rather think about the menu than about pest control services. However, to ensure you can actually enjoy your backyard when the evenings turn warm, it’s important to have the right pest control in place. There are certain tips and tricks professional pest control services know that you might not consider. Let’s take a look at those now.
Welcome Guests, Not Pests
Clearly, pests like bugs, mosquitos, and ticks are not on your guest list this summer. But they just love the warm weather and tend to thrive on those days that seem perfect for you to get outside and enjoy your yard. While you might have death and destruction for all pests in mind, the professionals know the best way to avoid having pests at your backyard party is to avoid attracting them in the first place.
Here are a few ways to make your yard less welcoming for pests:
- Eliminate standing, stagnant water. Mosquitoes need water to breed. In fact, they lay eggs in those water sources present in your yard. To get rid of potential breeding grounds, dump any buckets, flower pots, bird feeders, cans and other containers where water accumulates.
- Maintain your landscaping. Smart landscaping can help you keep pests away. Avoid having the breeding ground of warm, moist mulch too close to the house, and make sure your mulch isn’t too thick. Keep your lawn short and weeds pulled; a tidy yard is not as welcoming to pests.
- Avoid having piles of “stuff” in the yard. Whether leaves, wood, compost or old veggies from the garden, those items can attract ticks, mosquitos and flies.
- Trim the trees. You might not think it’s a big deal, but trees and bushes can also attract pests when untidy.
- Clean up any fruit that falls from trees immediately. Rotting fruit = pest heaven.
- Keep the outdoor lighting away from the house. Lights attract all kinds of bugs, so if you want to enjoy your evening BBQ without a gnat flying into your mouth, keep the lighting low. You can move the lights a further distance from the house, which will still provide some lighting but keep the bugs at a distance.
Let Think Green Pests Provide Real Pest Control Solutions
Rather than racking your brain trying to come up with more ideas to solve your pest issue this summer, why not go straight to the experts for proven pest control services? Our team at Think Green Pests is ready to help you take back control of your lawn. With our help, you can have many lovely evenings of summertime fun in the yard in your future. Visit us online or call (844) 648-2556 today.